View Single Post
Old 06-16-2015, 03:54 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
It's an easy fix for fans who are upset. Go to the website and vote. But if you don't vote, then how can you be upset?

I'm not upset because I'm not voting. I could care less if a Yankee makes the team and clearly, the rest of us Yankees fans feel the same way. If we felt different, you'd see a team full of Yankees.
+1

Regretfully, the All-Star game is not what it used to be. The idea that every single team must be represented has long since lost its charm. As expansion took hold, the representatives came almost twice (30 as opposed to 16) teams.

Another reason the All-Star game (IMHO) has lost its real attraction is inter-league play. It was better when the very best had to adjust to unfamiliar pitchers and hitters on the spot.

I also feel that the same inter-league play that we all seem to enjoy, detracts from the World Series for the same reason of familiarity.

Such is the price of free agency & high salaried players who, while accepting selection (seemingly) only if their current contracts include a bonus not just for the selection, but for playing in the 'exhibition'. Bud Selig got a lot of grief for his World Series home-field advantage as a way to recover some of the reverence for this game, but, honestly, can any of you come up with a better plan?

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente