View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 06:53 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Default mkdltn

American Lithographic employed various size presses as a function of the size of the job they were printing. The press in your scan was used to print
their large size projects (e.g., advertising signs, show posters, etc.)

For smaller projects such as greeting cards, postcards, tobacco packs & boxes, and tobacco cards....it's my understanding they used a 19-inch press.

There exists an uncut sheet of PIEDMONT packs that is sized 17" x 33". It's the closest item we have that suggests the type of sheet that the T206's
were printed on. It's evident that the width of this sheet was trimmed a couple inches, which would be consistent with the 19" track that I've noted.

Lastly, if you don't mind....I will cite what you previously posted in another thread......

" 2. I think comments have been made on the vivid colors which is indicitive of an image that has not "suffered" through the transfer process and the
wear associated with a large press run. It looks like something run from the original art stone or plate.

3. Another aspect is the dead on register. This was likely run by one person on a small press, one small sheet at a time. "

AND, I AM IN FULL AGREEMENT WITH THESE STATEMENTS OF YOURS.

TED Z