View Single Post
Old 12-14-2013, 03:28 AM

Smile

Erik

Don't worry, I don't apologize to ANYBODY for what I choose to do with my hobby endeavors. Jeff is correct about the CU board. Ive been "booted" off a couple times now for having opinions that the Brass there didn't like.
Even so I have a few respectable hobby pals over there.

The 1970 Wrappers are just random ones I picked up. I like to have the first page in each of my binder sets to be the Wrappers. I still need a few more to fill out the 1970 page. Im not sure how many different ad versions there are.

As for what sets I have complete?

All of them multiple times over it seems LOL

Once I find the right 69 Larry Csonka Rookie I will have a complete run of Topps Football Sets from 1960, 1969 thru 1989. But Ive become a condition junkie over the years and still have "wantlists" for all of them. Even when I do complete a wantlist, I just go through the set again and pick out the weaker cards and make another wantlist. That's why I have restorted to breaking cards from slabs if need be.

Other Sets Im working on:
1955 Topps All Americans (still need 50 cards, half the set)
1957 Topps Football ( Have all the Big guns, still need 20 cards)
1968 Topps Football ( Have about 70-80 cards, haven't gave it my all($$$) yet

I also have a 1974 and 1975 Topps Baseball sets

Sets I would like to have(Build)
1962 Topps Football (Being a condition junkie, this could cost me a fortune!)
1967 Topps Football

HOT SPRINGS BATHER

I have seen and actually bought and tried a few of the expensive Slip case Albums, but was dissatisfied because they seemed to big and the pages didn't fit them as well as I had hoped. I really prefer the BWC D-Ring Ablums. I know my home made Slip covers aren't to pretty, but they work great for me.

So keeping with the original topic of New football pick ups, I just got this beauty!

I was all set to break a Mint 9 slab, when I took a chance on this one.
Virtually every raw card on ebay is overgraded, But I got lucky and beat the odds for once on this Hampton Rookie. Its a keeper! That's for sure!

Aw Hell! Getting buried in snow here! Now the wife will think its more important to shovel the drive and get groceries than it is to Play with my cards.

Better go for now guys!

Be save and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

John

Last edited by BigRedOne; 12-14-2013 at 03:34 AM.