View Single Post
Old 05-06-2006, 10:02 AM
Administrator

Default Re: post "eBay P.B., Goudey, Can. Goudey, T205, T206 auctions starting tonight (5/4/06)"

Posted By: Bob S

Hi Folks,

I want to apologize for the listings referenced in the above previous post title. (from yesterday (5/4/06)

Because of my illness (Lyme), I can no longer list eBay items under my ID (unable to pack/ship/drive to the PO).

So I've begun consigning my items.

These guys are great, with a wonderful eBay feedback, and have shown great kindnes to me re: the Lyme disease, but their expertise is mainly in the post 1950 items area. I will attempt to educate them re: the "vintage" era.

They made several "errors" in the Titles and descriptions of the pre WW2 items mentioned in my original post referenced above.

I apologize for the use of terms like "Rare", and "Very Rare, which I know are irritating to the knowledgeable members of this board.

Also, (and bad for me), they have shown Book values (from 2002, no less), which understate the current market value.

Therefore, I may have to ask them to end some of these auctions early.

For that, I am truly sorry.

The worst example is the T205 McGraw, which shows a BV of $400 in the Title.

In the future, I will write the Titles and descriptions for vintage items myself for them to use, but I am sorry for any inconvenience/irritation associated with these current items.

At least the scans are very well done, so, if you look at an item and want to bid, just email me, and I won't have that one ended early.

Thanks for understanding.

Bob

returnaddress