View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 10:44 AM
Ethan Bou.sk.i.la

OLD JUDGE>> Being that you are an old "judge," you should realize that following rules are important even when circumstances arise.

Answer this your honor..Why do we bother having a set time for an auction to end? Why bother with rules? An irresponsibile act such as forgetting to reset a clock is an unexpected event? An unexpected event is a snow storm, hurricane, a downed server.

Im not here to start anything nor am i here to whine contrary to popular opinion. If indeed someone did not reset the clock than i understand legendary thought it necessary to take measures to rectify their screw up. Whether i agree with the measure taken is not being contested. It is that there were terms and conditions for these auctions that all of us had to accept in order to bid which dictated the rules we all need to abide by. Legendary and any auction house has a responsibility to abide by them as well and should have taken all steps necessary to ensure they are followed. They did not in this case. This was very much avoidable and should not become the norm where an auction house can extend bidding because of any excuse and as a bidder you "just have to live with it."

I do not post frequently nor am I a long time member here. But i have read a lot of concerns (not whining) that people (not whiners) just want a straight, fair, and honest auction when bidding. It is not too much to ask. I am not calling out legendary in particular because I do not know them well enough and this could very well have been an isolated instance and from now on they will be more careful. But i do see what has been happening in the auction industry as a whole and it is not good for the future.