View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 08:03 AM
Zach

Wow looks like a lot of people have the same stories of sleazy or overly aggressive dealers. I thought my experience may have been interpreted as petty. It is bad how some of these sleazy dealers ripped kids off back then, I think it is low if a dealer takes advantage of child's dream of owning a cardboard treasure. My dream was to own the 1954 Topps Hank Aaron and if I would have kept saving up my money back then, I possibly would have at least gotten a 1959 Topps Aaron or something, but then again it probably would have got stolen when I was 16 just like that 62 Topps Warren Sphann did that I was pressured into buying as a kid.
Greg, thanks for sharing that story. Especially when my movers came by with gang tattoos and tear drop tattoos under the eye, it made me a little worried about my cards last year.
I always worry about someone breaking into my home when I am not there and stealing them. I am not worried about the HD TVs or my computer, or PS3, those are all replaceable by insurance claims. My worries are my cardboard treasures getting jacked

Last edited by zljones; 06-22-2012 at 08:04 AM.