View Single Post
Old 10-07-2022, 09:34 AM
Jeremy

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
My feelings towards them haven't changed.

I'm very against cutting up old items where there just aren't many available.
Or in a handful of cases unique.

I'm ok with the modern stuff for current players who can use a bat or jersey once and hand it to the company rep or something like that.

I would be less against cutting up old stuff if it was in horrible condition, like half a bat, or a badly moth eaten and torn uniform.
I can definitely see that perspective and I shared it at one point. I think the turning point for me was that I wanted the memorabilia as I got older and didn't want to own full jerseys or bats etc, and this gave me the perfect opportunity to own a piece of the item and have it in a small form factor, one of which I collected already.

I also came to the realization that they aren't cutting up every old jersey or bat, which gave me some solace, but selfishly I just love having a piece of these legendary items at a reasonable price. That is the biggest reason for me being pro-game used cards; it gives everyone the chance to own a piece of history, or of their hero, that they would not have been able to otherwise.