View Single Post
Old 02-15-2022, 11:05 AM
J@E R1T0

Butchie, nearly impossible to tell from the images, although you posted nice ones. May I hazard a guess? I'd love to see the right side of the card on its edge. In my experience, when the size looks good and the cuts are straight, which these appear to be, looking directly at the edges under magnification may reveal an improper "roll" or an odd stratification of the cardboard, or even a slight jagging of the cut. i.e. not cut evenly and at a uniform pace. I say this based on countless discussions with a couple of graders I know.

Having said that, I'm guessing the grader didn't like an edge. I'm just guessing that it's the right edge (they don't always tell you). Personally, I'd bust it out as no one buys a modern card with an "A." I believe BGS is the most lenient when it comes to size differential. If you must have it in a slab, you could send it to them. They'll grade it an 8.5 if the surface has no hairline marks IMHO.

Love the late 1800’s Boston Beaneaters and the early Boston Red Sox (1903-1918)!

Also collecting any and all basketball memorabilia.