View Single Post
Old 03-22-2007, 08:35 PM
Administrator

Default Mr. Verkman – Keep your Word - Letters From Bill Mastro, Joe Orlando, & Marshall Fogel

Posted By: Steve

1. I am not, and have never been, the owner of this card.

2. I am only fighting for this card to be tested. Again, if this was fake, why would there be only one of them? Why would someone go to so much trouble to make a single example of this item?

3. Our auction return policy is that all sales are final. With that said, we will again deal with this but want definitive testing. My point is that Mr Haverkos does not want this tested in almost any circumstance and has resisted MULTIPLE attempts for me to do this.

4. Nature of card. This is not a Frojoy Ruth, 54 SI card or other known problematic pieces. Leon made a good point on the last thread, which has not been answered. What specifically about this card if the issue? The fact that it is from 1930 is not an issue. For Mr. Fogel to argue that the Yankee were not a Championship team in 1929 or 1930 and therefore Ruth should not be the topic seems to me a reach. As this is a unique card and one of the major arguments of everyone involved is that there are none known, therefore this is fake is a classic tautology. Having a full test wil resolve this.

5. This is on thick stock and is nicely printed; there are no dot matrix patterns or other telltale signs of a fake. It is a calendar and is not a trading card, was obviously not issued in gum packs. We can go on about this forever but...

6. This was consigned to us by a tiny hobby store owner in Vermont. It seems rather unlikely this person would be perpetrating a fraud but again this is not a fact, only a theory.

I am asking for nothing more than what I absolutely would get in the discovery phase of a trial: the right to test the card to make sure. At that point, this is over. I AM NOT, AND HAVE NEVER, TOLD THIS GUY TO TAKE A WALK, only that we be sure about this.