View Single Post
Old 03-22-2007, 10:59 PM
Administrator

Default Mr. Verkman – Keep your Word - Letters From Bill Mastro, Joe Orlando, & Marshall Fogel

Posted By: Shane

This whole thing has "fishy" written all over it. First off, the card should have been authenticated before it went to auction. Even if the card was considered restored by a grading company, at least every bidder going in on this has confidence that the card is real. What makes me really bothered by the story that Mark has written is that during the auction Steve told him that two aggressive Ruth collectors were on this card and that one more bid would probably guarantee him the high bid. Steve, where is the integrity in this? Why would you be telling him two large collectors are on this fighting this out and that one more bid would possibly knock both out? Are you trying to get more money for the card? Who would benefit from this the most? The consignor would.....could the consignor be you in fact? Since the card sold the first time for $10K and you knew that two heavy hitters would be going for it the next time around, you simply purchase the card back and relist the item knowing that two guys would be on it. I have placed many proxy bids on items from Mastro, MileHigh, Lelands and SCP before and have felt 100% confident that when I did this, I was in good hands with these guys. If I ever found out that one of these guys was screwing around with my bids or telling others about my high bid or who I was, my relationship with them would end immediately.

Regardless of how this ends up, your screwed.