View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 09:01 AM
Administrator

Default Posting on the BST

Posted By: leon

The rules about the BST are really pretty easy. I might need to add them to the rules page but for over 2 yrs that formality hasn't been needed. The BST pages are primarily for selling cards but there are categories for sports related memorbabilia, books, ephemera, and so forth. The categories are plainly marked. If you have another question about that then please post it here and it can be further addressed.

As for what goes on over there and posted about.......it's a little bit fuzzy, but there should be no additional comments about pricing from 3rd parties, especially publicly on the board. Only benign comments such as, "wow, great card", or things to that effect should be posted by parties not involved in the transaction. Examples of things that will NOT BE TOLERATED:

"Wow, you bought that for $50 yesterday and now you are asking $100 for it"

"I saw that in auction for $100 a week ago"

"How could you charge that much, it's only worth a fraction of that"

"You are an ass and I would never buy anything from you"

Those kinds of statements will get you kicked off of the BST pages......Also, if something is going on fraudulently you CAN make a statement in that space about it...but you better really have your ducks in a row....The BST pages are unbelievably popular and I would hate to change much over there. As for timing...folks should give adequate time for someone to respond to something. Also, folks should respond in a reasonable time period when they are selling something and an offer is made. I want to know about issues over there but it's still always CAVEAT EMPTOR and you do everything at your own risk......so far so good (knock on wood) regards

one edit (I hope only 1).....If someone is selling something at a certain price....then the first person saying they will take it at that price should get the card....if the seller backs out too often, or changes pricing too often, then I don't think that is good faith. Exceptions are just that but if I get wind of too much crap I will step in with a warning etc.....