View Single Post
Old 11-13-2019, 07:40 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by avalanche2006 View Post
When I first started these sets a few years ago, I did buy large lots and sell the dupes. And then as I kept upgrading, which I have done about 3 times each set, I sold more cards off.

I helped a couple members here start their sets. I am now at the point that it only makes sense to purchase only the cards that I need.

1958 - 47 cards to go.
1959 - 43 cards to go.
1960 - 11 cards to go.

I really don't know what else to do.
It really depends on your timeline. If you plan on holding them for a long long time you might be able to make a little cash selling as sets.

If you plan on selling soon, STOP BUYING NOW. When you win a auction you are paying more than anyone. Then when you figure in shipping unless you got the deal of the century you will lose cash on every card you buy. Especially the graded ones you cracked out.

For the most part sets sell for WAY less than individual cards. There are exceptions but they are very rare. For the most part when you see posts about people putting sets together and selling for a profit they are leaving out a lot of info. They either don't count cards they already owned that they traded for cards in the set or they don't tell about the insane hours they spend trying to sell the extras from big lots they bought.

After all that my best advise would be to buy the remaining cards in as large of lots as possible to save $100s on shipping. Then the longer you can hold them before selling the better. Good luck on whatever you decide.