View Single Post
Old 06-17-2020, 04:08 PM
Dave

Ha Ha! I just stumbled on something really f'ing hilarious. Adam mentioned they did their research. I can pinpoint exactly where they did their research, based on the inscriptions.

It looks like Boxrec dot com is their main source of info.

I won't post any direct links, as Boxrec is an extremely valuable resource, it is also entirely dependent on your AdBlock/Virus/Malware and browser settings, whether it ends up freezing your screen or not.

T218 Jack Twin Sullivan:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1910-T218-J...p2047675.l2557

Inscription reads "1174 Rounds"

Boxrec profile lists "1174 Rounds" fought. Correct info............right? Well it, took boxrec up until very recently to compile that list of rounds..........and it's contingent on only verifiable bouts and likely a couple decades of research. There is literally no way, a boxer many decades ago comes up with the same number of rounds as a research database does in the year 2020.

Next.

T218 Johnny Marto

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1910-T218-J...p2047675.l2557

Inscribed record "12-4-1"

Exact record listed at the top of Johnny Marto's Boxrec page "12-4-1"

This is a guy who had 125 Confirmed bouts through research, and likely many more we'll never find evidence for. Boxrec came about their number through official "decisions", while notating newspaper decision bouts and various other complications due to the laws of boxing during that time period. There is no way possible Marto is going to regurgitate a record in an inscription many decades ago, that jives with the exact record a boxing database pumps out in the year 2020. If anything retired boxers from that time period give themselves credit for many more (sometimes hundreds more fights), then what we have discovered through present day research.

Just two obvious examples I've found.