View Single Post
Old 08-27-2003, 01:47 PM
Administrator

Default Why I don't do wantlists

Posted By: Hankron 

I start by saying that I own approx. 20,000 original/vintage photographs (each rare to unique) and over 10,000 sport and non sport autographs including 400 Pre-War baseball contracts. I am not a money grubber. While I specialize is rarities and unique items, I think most who follow what I have to sell know that my asking prices are more than reasonable. Having said that I commonly say, "Sorry, but I don't do wantlists."

The reason is quite simple. Firstly, it can take me minimally an hour to locate specific wants. After finding the item(s), 90 percent of the people either decide they don't want it anymore, or want to haggle me down to an unreasonably low price ("I saw one sell on eBay for $50. I'll give you $15"). It is not uncommon for the buyer beforehand says "I'll pay you $30 if you can find me a such and such", he will often, after you took a half hour to find it, offer you $7. Some won't even return your email of "I found it!"

This is why I commonly say to specific inquires, "Your best bet is to keep an eye on my eBay auctions, because I don't do wantlists. Sorry, I couldn't be of further help."