View Single Post
Old 09-06-2020, 10:19 PM
Curt

I know the Canon and Berg cards were issued in sets and are a bit more common (at least the Berg sets). I wonder if this was by appearance only or maybe TTM only? There are a series of Mariner B&W postcards that run several years, maybe 77/78-mid 80s. I rarely see them and often they are signed. I believe they were created specifically for players to answer fan mail and use as autograph requests. I don't think they were sold as singles or as a set, at least I never saw any for sale I can recall. I logged in a lot of M's games in that era too.

I could speculate that Old Style sponsored a single event (or multiple events over the course of a season), printed up some PCs for the event and those were given out to fans attending and getting autographs. It is not uncommon to see special event created items for in person signings and they almost always seem incredible difficult to track down not long after the event. Presumably, most who get them were there as a fan and wanted an autograph and are not dealers looking to turn around and sell it immediately.