Thread: Uncut sheets
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2023, 05:53 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr1994 View Post
Does anyone know the best way to cut cards from an uncut sheet? Maybe a table top cutter?

I have many old magazines with sheets of cards in them as well as some promo sheets.

At this point they are taking up too much space and don't have any particular value. I figure I can cut out the cards and list them on ebay as oddball hand cut cards.

For the record I am NOT looking to trim cards or misrepresent what they are. I am just trying to clear a few shelves of magazines.

Any thoughts are appreciated
Jim
It really depends on how much you want to spend. A decent older manual professional matting cutter works great. I have cut up a lot of sheets with one and every card is exactly the same size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philliesfan View Post
I have several sheets of 1987 Topps with the fronts blank. Back in the day, I just used scissors to cut a small block of 9 with a star player in the center and sell them at shows. I always told buyers that they are a novelty and were hand cut from a sheet.
I still have several sheets of those but they were stored in a damp basement and have that musty smell. I am not sure what to do with them now.
Bob
You could always mail them to me.

Last edited by bnorth; 05-18-2023 at 05:54 PM.