View Single Post
Old 05-03-2020, 07:04 AM
R@nda!! H@hn

I get a kick out of reading PSA's population reports and Ticket Set Registries. Like Doug said I know several collectors who could blow those numbers out of the water if they cared to get their tickets graded.

As to the original post, I actually owned a Walter Johnson 3000th K stub from a season ticket book. It was graded a 4. I don't own many graded stubs but I purchased it this way. Ironically I got it cheap because the owner and PSA weren't aware that it was his 3000th K stub! Anyway its gone now. I consigned to an auction and they lost it! Along with my Roger Clemens debut stub. We settled on a price but I wasn't really happy with it. At the time I needed to get cash so I didn't haggle too much. If anyone sees this stub let me know how you got it. They thought it went into the trash somehow. Also there is a bit of a descrepancy on the actual date of his 3000th K. The consensus is July 22nd but there are two other dates around then that get tossed around.

As for the other tickets, the Blyleven is very tough. I owned a stub but sold it. I have not seen another. The Gibson I own a stub. Its pretty tough to find. I also sold the sister seat to it. The Sutton is tough and the Niekro is real tough. For the modern ones the Sabathia isn't so easy as Arizona has a limited season ticket base.

I would list the toughest tickets as:

1: Walter Johnson
2: Bert Blyleven
3: Phil Niekro
4: Bob Gibson
5: Fergie Jenkins

2-3-4 could probably go any order.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg walter.jpg (40.3 KB, 180 views)

Baseball's hard. You can love it but it doesn't always love you back. It's like dating a German chick...
Billy Bob Thornton-Bad News Bears

Last edited by mcgwirecom; 05-03-2020 at 07:05 AM.