View Single Post
Old 01-14-2018, 01:53 PM
Curt

I could probably start a new thread, but this is related. I was the original purchaser of the Ultra prototype "presentation boards", if you will. I bought them because I was collecting Frank Thomas quite heavily at the time. I tried to sell all but Thomas not too long after buying them and only the Will Clarks attracted any interest. Larkin and Canseco went unsold.

I started getting inquiries about Canseco from a few different collectors after posting the shots a few times on different boards. At that point, I was not looking to move them, only sharing the designs. Mouschi finally pried the Canseco set from me, but I still have Thomas and Larkin.

Well, I am in the process of finalizing a trade that would deal away the Larkins, but it also involved another piece I got at the same time, from the same seller. That original seller was Ted Taylor, former Fleer Executive, so the provenance of these pieces is pretty rock solid.

I can't remember if I ever shared photos, and if I did, I probably didn't share close ups of each subject. Here they are before they may possibly disappear again into a collection. Too bad they didn't go with a little better known/popular subjects.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1113.jpg (78.4 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1117.jpg (78.2 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1115.jpg (78.2 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1116.jpg (77.8 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1118.jpg (78.6 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1120.jpg (76.0 KB, 75 views)

Last edited by mrmopar; 01-14-2018 at 01:54 PM.