View Single Post
Old 08-11-2022, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
2. His team assumes the lead while he is in the game, or during the inning on offense in which he is removed from the game. (e.g., he pitches 6 innings with the score tied, and his team scores in the top of the 7th, and a new pitcher comes in for the bottom of the 7th).

The bold is where you lose me.

The underlined means, to me, if he is pulled in, or even after completing, the 6th inning, nothing in the 7th counts for him as that is NOT the inning on offense in which he was removed unless he throws a pitch in that inning. Doesn't matter if he's home or away. Don't know how you're reading this but if you are getting something different out of it I need to find another meme!
If a pitcher finishes an inning (say the 6th) and a new pitcher starts the new inning (7th) the original pitcher isn't officially pulled until a new pitcher starts pitching.

You see it all the time...pitcher finishes the 8th, everyone knows the closer will take over, then the team scores 8 runs and the guy just off the bus pitches the 9th. The closer never pitched, so the scrub replaced the guy who finished the 8th.