View Single Post
Old 08-12-2022, 05:51 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgjackson222 View Post
So think 1952boyntoncollector is actually correct (sorry I doubted you).

According baseballreference: "A pitcher receives credit for all the runs that his team scores in a half inning in which he is replaced by a pinch hitter or pinch runner. Since no new pitcher has been put into the game, the most recent pitcher receives the credit."

I think something like this actually happened last night where Cleveland, the road team scored in top of the 10th to take the lead 4-3. Cleveland's De Los Santos was the pitcher in the 9th inning, and gave up 2 runs to make the score 3-3 going into the 10th. Cleveland scored in the top of the 10th and Detroit did not score. So De Los Santos got a blow save AND the win.

Shows how ridiculous wins can be for a reliever.

I know that De Los Santos didn't start the game, but the same principle of "pitcher of record" applies, I believe.
right so all of those 'makes no sense' arguments seem to now 'make no sense'

I know for fantasy baseball for money, if i have 2 pitchers to choose from and can only start 1 and everything else is the same, i would start the road pitcher versus a home pitcher due to being able to get 3 more outs on offense if they both pitch an equal amount of innings. again correct me if I am wrong, but it would appear the road pitcher has a better chance at a 'win' i am not sure of any other statistic where one pitcher gets 3 more outs to improve on a statistic where another pitcher can do the same amount of work (pitch equal amount of the same innings) and doesnt get 3 more outs.

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 08-12-2022 at 05:54 AM.