View Single Post
Old 01-10-2002, 07:32 PM
Administrator

Default Modern Card Question: Short card

Posted By: Plastic Dog

... at least as far as some of the vintage issues. I have purchased several E and T cards that on examination I am convinced are trimmed (and not just size variations) despite their encapsalation in PSA holders. I trust SGC much more in that respect. I have asked several E card collectors whom I very much trust about specific PSA-slabbed cards on EBay, and the ones that I questioned were avoided by these collectors as well for that very reason. I just don't think they really know what they're doing with these issues. Even in holdering - sometimes they will place E cards in one of the holders with just a sleeve (due to them being over-sized for their standard T card holders), while other times they will jam them into the T-card-sized holders. I have E-95s that were submitted at the same time, from the same collection, with the same grade. Some were wedged in T-card holders, others were "floating free." Did they run out of one type of holder, or do they really not realize that there is a difference between the T and E cards? Probably both.