View Single Post
Old 12-18-2007, 04:48 PM
Administrator

Default Roger Clemens Vs Barry Bonds???

Posted By: James Gallo

FKW

Are you kidding me with this statement.

Steroids didn't make the modern player better. It helped them heal faster and recover from workouts faster. They were good players their whole lives. The list is a cross section of the entire league. Many small players on list and many huge players not on the list.

Sure the guys like Bonds and Clemens were good players, but Brady Anderson never deserved to hit 50 HR. Your going to tell me he was a good player and the Roids didn't help those numbers.

I will bet every card I own that there are a tons of players that were able to play longer and "better" because of the roids and as such it prevented other young guys to come up which in turn hurt them in the long run.

Sure we will have a time of the Steriod era but I don't think it should go back to 1975. IMO the mid 1990s is when it got bad and impacted the game.

As for the government not having better things to do, guess what I would rather see them do something about this now then 10 years from now. It is important to the youth of the country to not see players they look up to take this crap.

As such it is important and needs to be policed to some degree or at least a strict policy need to be applied and enforced.

James G

Looking for 1915 Cracker Jacks and 1909-11 American Caramel E90-1.