View Single Post
Old 12-18-2007, 04:50 PM
Administrator

Default Roger Clemens Vs Barry Bonds???

Posted By: Fred C

It's not like we can pretend that the HRs were never hit or the pitches never thrown. You can't "take it back". That list is fairly short and it probably only contains a handful of players rather than what the "whole list" should include.

I'm not a Bonds fan but I still realize that he'd have hit well over 500 dingers without PEDs. I'm not sure if the HOF would be complete without him. This isn't an isolated incident of ONE player being guilty of using PEDs. As indicated earlier in the thread this is an ERA of baseball that has seen PED usage.

Do they plan on taking away Ken Caminiti's MVP award and giving it to someone else? How about Roger's Cy Young awards?

It was an exciting era in baseball, now (hopefully) it will come to a close and we can get back to the game rather than the sideshow it has become. Yes, there are players that will benefit the rest of their careers from the PEDs they took earlier but that's just the way it's going to be. Why ponder over who is going to make it to the HOF or not? Again, there's probably a few players who took PEDs and they are not mentioned in the report and they may not be as obvious as Bonds. The exclusion of some PED users and not all (from the HOF) wouldn't be right.