View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 05:57 PM

Default Longtime Dealer JOHN GOFF Passes Away

Many of you probably dont know the name because he never owned a computer, but if you have attended a National Convention in the last 15-20 years, you've probably seen or met John Goff. He was from Hobart, Indiana and was an Old School Dealer and a staple of Mall shows in the Chicago area for the better part of 20 years. He was the first dealer I met when I moved to NW Indiana and bought a nice E90-1 Wagner from him that graded a 4 for like $400 in 2002. He had his entire collection stolen TWICE and rebounded because of his passion for the hobby both times, and was the most upbeat person I ever met who was dealt severe blows in life (one son committed suicide, the other is mentally handicapped and he lost his wife a few years back). He was a cool guy and I always looked forward to chatting with him at the National each year.

John passed away last week after a few years battling illnesses and his funeral was Monday. I just wanted to pass along the news for those who had the chance to meet him over the years.

Rhys Yeakley