View Single Post
Old 11-19-2020, 07:32 AM
J0hn Collin$

PSA's turn times have been less than stellar for decades now, and only just passed the absurd threshold in this fabulous year 2020 and the $hitshow it's turned into. What's far sadder to me than PSA is the mess SGC found themselves in by being totally unprepared back early this summer, in saying "Send us your cards!" when in fact it should have been obvious much earlier that they were biting off way more then they could chew.

I like graded cards. More often that not, I buy graded and not raw vintage anymore online because of the peace of mind aspect, and they are of course much easier to move when / if it comes time to sell. But just for my PC, grading never has and never will be a hard requirement. I started collecting in the late 1980's. I know how to grade, and knew before TPG's were a thing. I have several upper midgrade Mantle cards and a few other odds and ends laying around that I envisioned sending off to SGC just for posterity's sake earlier in the year, but I can tell you now it just ain't happening for the foreseeable future. I know within a point or so what they would grade regardless, and I'd rather have the cards here in my PC (no plans to sell...) where I can enjoy them than off sitting in a box somewhere at a grader for a considerable portion of the year. Should I get in an unexpected bind where I truly do need to sell some bigger items, the $75 PSA or $100 SGC options will be there.

Last edited by jchcollins; 11-19-2020 at 08:21 AM.