View Single Post
Old 01-22-2021, 12:09 AM
Mike P.ap

Default Lifelong love......T206.........

We have all had stories of life and love. This one i felt like sharing.
I met a woman in the summer of 2020. We have had our ups and downs much like life in general. She has a PHd and still finds a way to like me! Go figure! lol

I have seen alot in life.....and death unfortunately. I am a US Army (25 years) combat Veteran of Afghanistan and although this event does not define me at all, it certainly has lasting effects. Even though it was almost 10 years ago. I believe one of the reasons I'm up typing to whoever will listen at 2am is due to what I experienced overseas. But I digress.

Just today I picked up this cool little piece of history from my local card shop . An action pose from 1910! So cool!

I am giving this card to her this weekend! A show of friendship. Although she is adept at buying/selling stocks, crypto currency, etc.... she has shown an interest in my love of cards and especially T206s. The history that is portrayed on these little pieces of cardboard, the back combos, the stars, and the not so stars! Imagine the trip to the tobacco store back in 1910 anticipating who was gonna pop out of that pack of cigs!

It is refreshing talking to someone that had no idea these existed and to share my personal love for these beautiful little collectibles! Have a great weekend everyone and happy collecting!

Peace, Mike

PS BTW..... my 1st T206 was a Sam Crawford that I bought from the pages of "The Trader Speaks" back in the late 1970s. I sill remember my mom writing the check for around $17 and then me waiting for like seemed a decade (more likely a few weeks) for my 1st T206!

IMG_9852.jpg

Last edited by vthobby; 01-22-2021 at 01:42 AM.