View Single Post
Old 01-23-2021, 06:34 PM
Mike P.ap

Default Very cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fkm_bky View Post
Great story Mine and most of all thank you for your service!

My first T206 was a beat up Chance red portrait that I snagged off eBay for probably $20-$30 back in the early 2000’s. While I no longer have it, it started a nearly 20 year journey through all sorts of pre-war card obsessions. I was laid off in 2007 and struggling to make ends meet for my family and had to sell off a lot of cards that I loved. After getting back on my feet not long after, I picked back up and started back on candy type cards and then again back to my t206 HOF Portrait subset. I sure would like to have that SGC30 red Cobb, Hindu Huggins and PSA3 young back in my hands, but I know someone else is enjoying them right now.

Love this hobby and for me T206 is the foundation for it all.

Bill
I really appreciate the kind words from all!

Bill, Thanks for your your story as you clearly feel the passion for collecting as I we all on here do. Unfortunately it seems with life and death and hardships, we all have to sell or transfer assets at some point. It is a hard fact of life but if you always enjoy what you are collecting then I feel that makes it worthwhile. I've sold or traded some doozies also that I wish I had back! ughhhh I guess in a way that is what makes it fun, the constant chase for something you wish you had or something you once had. That may apply to relationships as well!

Peace, Mike