View Single Post
Old 02-06-2021, 11:26 AM
Sean Sullivan

Thanks. From the literature I have read, the Hanna Batrite TA line was offered at the professional level, but also apparently available from the catalog for sale to the general public.
The "pros" I think are that they have been directly seen in photographs with big name players. For example, there is a photo of Ruth dated 1931 on ebay right now that clearly shows some Hanna bats directly next to him (with the model branding NOT around the ears of the bat logo, an important distinction, I think). This bat also does match post-1930 Cochrane LS orders at 34".

"Cons" are, the weight is a bit heavier than his LS orders, currently at 35.5 ounces. Also, as mentioned before, I believe they were offered in the catalog, so that is a big con.

It has a "G" carved into the knob, but I think that is, at best, circumstantial.

Cochrane pro models in general are super rare, I think, so I was delighted to grab it. However, I don't think I can say either way if Cochrane actually used it or not without some kind of additional evidence.

That all being said, I will note that the bat has significant contact on the left-barrel, to the point of obvious grain separation. But the right barrel is intact, with no separation at all. That is consistent with the PSA Pro Bat Facts page.

I only have a couple of Hanna bats, so I would imagine that some other experts here on the forum would have far more expertise than me here. I invite them to please correct me if I am wrong on any of this.