View Single Post
Old 12-18-2007, 10:25 PM
Administrator

Default Roger Clemens Vs Barry Bonds???

Posted By: Fred C

John,

I understand you point of view but how do you determine who used PEDs and who didn't? Is it right to only strip the awards of players that are accused of using PEDs? There will be those that used PEDs that wont admit it and they will get away with it (and keep their awards). Now that's a pretty poor message to send out. You must acquit if they don't admit.

Do I think the players were right for using PEDs? No, it's kind of disappointing to see great names like Aaron and Ruth removed from the record books. It's sad to see that awards were given to PED users but what are you going to do, go back and give the MVPs and Cy Young awards to the second place winners (who could have been PED users themselves)? I kind of doubt that any of those players would accept the awards. Lets push it further, should the players that are given the awards "after the fact" be given any incentive bonuses that was in their contracts... ok, that's just being stupid, my bad.

My last point is what do you do with the career records of these players? Bonds won a few MVPs before he began his use of HGH. What year do the records count and not count? It'd be impossible to figure it all out.

The bottom line is that nothings going to change what's happened. It's a done deal and MLB should now work on not allowing it to happen again.

I'm just curious, what would you do? I'm not going to come back with a reply that says your ideas and thoughts are stupid because that wouldn't be right. Rather, I'd like to read what you think should be done with the records and awards owned by the PED users and what should we do about players (not in the Mitchell report) that are accused of PED use.