View Single Post
Old 03-22-2007, 09:38 PM
Administrator

Default Mr. Verkman – Keep your Word - Letters From Bill Mastro, Joe Orlando, & Marshall Fogel

Posted By: JK

Silver King makes a great point.

Steve wont refund the money because he suspects it is a fake and, if so, that is the only scenerio in which he loses out.

If he offers a refund and it turns out to be authentic, what's the harm - you reauction the card.

I could be completely wrong here, but as far as never owning the card, I guessing that's not exactly accurate. The card was auctioned once and purchased back by Steve - I dont recall how long after the original auction that occurred, but Im guessing it wasnt immediately. Im further guessing that Steve paid the consigner after the first auction and paid his own money when he repurchased the card from the first auction winner. If so, that card belonged to Steve when auctioned.

Finally, what really gets me is that Steve continues to ignore his own return policy. Explain that for us Steve. If it only applies to direct sales, why doesnt it say so. If your policy is all auction sales are final - surely you cant be telling us that if you sell a fake card, its tough s*#t for the buyer - that its there obligation not yours to insure that the card was real in the first place.

If this isnt resolved, Im predicting a very expensive lesson for CSA Auctions - a big court loss, lots of legal fees (both its own and the plaintiff's) and a dramatic drop collectors willing to bid in CSA auctions.