View Single Post
Old 01-05-2022, 03:17 PM
Luke Lyon

I sold this one for $1900 here a month or so ago. I think buying a big name HOFer like this is a good place to start. Not everyone who starts collecting T206s ends up continuing for the long-term. If you decide it's not for you, they are easy to sell and move on to something else.

To answer your question about backs: Backs don't need to matter unless you want them to. Kids in 1910 weren't paying any attention to the backs of the cards. If you stick around for awhile, you may find yourself drawn to them, but that's a bridge you can cross when you come to it.

Another suggestion I have is try to find a collecting niche that gives you the most bang for your buck. I've always thought it was really cool that you could buy a Deacon Phillippe card (who had a borderline HOF career) for the same price as some guy who played 1 season of minor league ball and has a T206 card. Buying star players for common price and reading their SABR bios has always been fun for me. That's something you can do with with pretty much any budget.

But nice looking HOFers seem like a pretty good bet for the long haul, and very liquid if you change your mind.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Johnson Portrait P150 SGC 1.5.jpg (73.2 KB, 150 views)