View Single Post
Old 11-15-2014, 09:34 AM
Bill Gregory

Thank you, Steve. The '75 set is perfect for me right now. I have the money to buy more expensive cards if I wanted, but I'm like the prize fighter that's abstaining from sex before the title fight. I'm resisting the urge to reach my goal. So, instead of spending $100 on a common T206, or $500 on a Hall of Famer, I spend $15-20 on a Hall of Famer, and a couple bucks on a common. There will, of course, be some more expensive cards. The Yount will be replaced by a PSA 8.5 or a 9. The Brett will be costly, Misters Ryan, Schmidt, Aaron, etc can cost a pretty penny, as can the other rookies. But I'll just keep chugging along, having fun, and when I hit my goal, the next check will be spent on a big pickup or two.

Doing what I am, and seeing these beauties you guys are bringing in, keeps me going. The attaboys are much appreciated, gang. I'm not doing anything that hasn't been done before, but it's fun for me because it's the first time I've really done it. It's like popping a girl's bra the first time. Until you do it, you can hear the stories, but that rush can only come when you do it the first time.

Of course, it's pretty darned cool every time after that, too, because a good time usually follows.

I enjoy this board, and the pre-war board over der, much like I would enjoy sitting at a bar with you guys, tossing down a couple of beers, watching the Sawx and damned Yankees playing at Fenway on a Saturday afternoon. It's all the greater because right now, getting out and going to the real sports bar right now is a little tough on the back. So this is the next best thing.

I am really having fun, everybody, and I thank you all!

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.