View Single Post
Old 10-07-2022, 07:24 AM
Tim Hadley
Tim Ha.dley

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonballsun View Post
Hi Tim, we both know how tough this set is, but we and other collectors of the set have tried to help each other out, when possible. Thanks to Tim, Ken Marks, Rick Johnson, Stew Jones, and some others.
I did my Post cereal sets around 2002. I used to love to buy large lots. The price per card was usually cheaper that way.
By the time my Post cereal sets were complete, I had picked up about 75% of the 1962 Post Canadians and the 1963 Jell-os. I had only picked up about 60 of the 1962 Jell-Os.
I didn't know if I wanted to do any of those 3 sets, I knew they would be tough and expensive. I left them alone and moved on to other things.
In 2019, I decided to return to those sets. I guessed the 1962 Jell-O set would be a 10 year project, at a minimum. So I'm now in my 6th year. I have made a lot of progress, but I still need some toughies. Will I make it ?
Lol, YOU will make it Wayne. You are sneaky good at finding cards out there that are listed incorrectly.
I am still half-heartedly considering selling off my set. It's hard to say that knowing I'm only about 15 cards away. Is that right?? You know better how many I need than I do, lol.
There are a couple higher dollar items that I've had my eye on and selling my Jell-O set would be a pretty quick way to fund the other purchases. As you probably know, I moved out some of my graded Post Canadian. They had been sitting there in a box since after I got them from you and had those graded. I hadn't done much to work on that set or upgrade it. I have so much stuff laying around and I need to consolidate... or so my wife says.