View Single Post
Old 10-12-2021, 03:05 PM
Tho.mas L Sau.nders

Earliest I have found are a couple of 1915 signatures (one sold by REA posted here).

People mentioning Jackson's "labored" signature and that is a good definition of it, and while the signature in the photo in question appears labored...it is not labored to the extent Jackson's signature was..."very labored" is a better way to describe Jackon's signature.

The best example is that the Js are very fluid and smoothly formed in the photo compared to Jackson's very labored Js on most all other documents.

I dont think there is another real Jackson signature where he ends the "o" and tails with an up stroke...most are down strokes and some are a straight stroke...another red flag for me is the up and over tails on the "J"s that's very distinctive and I dont see another signature that looks like that.

And again cant stress enough the biggest red flag is how large that writing on the photo is...someone said you cant be 100% either way and that is correct...but I think it is not unreasonable to be firm on one side and Im firm fake.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1915-joe-jackson-signed-bond.jpg (43.9 KB, 209 views)

Last edited by ThomasL; 10-12-2021 at 03:07 PM.