View Single Post
Old 11-24-2021, 11:18 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Agree 1000%. Probably the crowning glory for crazy Phil Spector. Simply a masterpiece.

With reminds me, almost time to find my Phil Spector Christmas Album. That is a pretty amazing accomplishment.
I have read that he considered River Deep Mountain High -- with a young Tina Turner -- his best song.

The Ronettes' Walking In The Rain is another Spector gem. If I recall correctly, Marvin Gaye wrote that one. Interestingly, for all Spector's perfectionism and borderline abusive treatment of his singers and musicians until he was satisfied, Ronnie Spector apparently did the lead track in a single take. The vocal is ethereal.

By contrast, Tina said Spector made her sing River Deep Mountain High so many times she was drenched in sweat and had to take her shirt off to finish.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 11-24-2021 at 11:24 AM.