View Single Post
Old 11-04-2023, 10:32 PM
Travis
Tra,vis Tr,ail

GM is great for the most part. I buy a ton of cards from him. But I also know what I'm looking at and how to grade cards and identify alterations. If you don't have confidence in your ability to detect this stuff, then I suggest being conservative when buying raw cards.

In prior years, Greg graded everything that came through his store. Now, he only grades his own cards and hires out the grading for consignments. Greg is a much better grader than his helper is. Most of his grades are accurate for the mid grade and lower stuff. But his NM-MT grades can be over graded with respect to his the TPGs grade today (though I think GM grades more accurately than the TPGs, but that's another topic). Point is, don't expect a vintage GM NM-MT to grade an 8 at PSA. That said, I've been getting a larger percentage of trimmed cards coming from him than I did in the past. For me, it's not a big deal because I can usually spot them and he allows returns, but you definitely need to examine your cards closely after they arrive. But 90% of the cards I get from him are great.