View Single Post
Old 02-07-2015, 05:22 PM
Jeff P

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezHood View Post
So no one collects these matchbooks? Specifically, all the 32 Portsmouth Spartans cards have orange numbers, but I believe they wore purple and gold. I saw one Redskins player with orange numbers and one Dodgers player with an orange stripe on the uniform. My theory is they colorized black and white pictures without regard for the colors matching their real life counterparts. It actually hadn't dawned on me the colors may be off at first - but I just felt like I was seeing too much orange.
I believe you are correct, John. The colors on these aren't necessarily correct. I believe they colorized them according to the colors they were planning to use in printing more to highlight the photos than to be correct.

I am slowly working on all of the football matchbooks out there including not only the Diamond ones but the Redskin sets. There are also sets for the Colts (one of the few AAFC sets of any kind available), Houston Oilers, etc, plus individual ones of players like Grange, Nagurski, etc.

Here are a few.

jeff