View Single Post
Old 08-26-2016, 07:41 PM
Bill Gregory

A bit of both, here. I grew up in Milwaukee, and spent a good deal of time watching games at the old County Stadium. Hard to go to a game there, even as an 8 or 9 year old, and not feel the history of the place. As I watched a few Hall of Famers starting their careers (Yount and Molitor), playing side by side, I imagined what it was like to see Eddie Mathews manning the hot corner, hitting bombs into center field, or Hank Aaron hitting one laser beam after another into the seats. I could almost see Warren Spahn, the crafty ol' lefty, on the mound, owning one hitter after another.

I love the history of the game. I mean, I absolutely love it. I never get tired of reading about it, or watching documentaries about it. I must have watched Ken Burns' Baseball at least ten times by now. My DVR is filled with docs about Babe Ruth, Mickey Mantle, Ted Williams, Jackie Robinson, the Brooklyn Dodgers, Hank Aaron....but there will always be that nostalgia factor, too.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.