Thread: April Pickups
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2015, 01:09 AM

Aw Mike, don't get hung up on centering-itis. Don't get me wrong; I like dos guys, but they just so obsess over the frame that I feel sometimes they lose sight of the precious part of the card---the photograph.

Look pal, I cannot ever recall seeing a nicer picture of Mick on a '53 Topps than yours; the picture registry (painting registry ?*!) is a 10, as crisp and sharp as can be. You even have the dreaded bottom left corner with nothing to dread over; it's all red and all there. Hooray for you! Come on, if you so much as slit it to even up the borders, the red would probably chip off in chunks. You'd be bangin' your head against the wall in major self-recrimination.

Though I know you were just kiddin' about taking a razor to it to even up the borders, I couldn't resist setting the stage of doom.

It may be slightly off-center, but the card has everything else going for it to such an extent that were it centered, you'd of had to pay so much more for it it's not funny. And, somebody else probably would of beat ya to it. Or, the seller never would have offered it and kept it as a prized gem for himself.

Feel very good, bro. "Ya done good, Maynard."

Take care, Mike. Enjoy that great Mantle. It's a killer where it counts the most. I know, I'm repeating myself. It's 3:07 in the morning and I'm very tired. Time to shut up and get some shut-eye. --Brian Powell