View Single Post
Old 04-20-2017, 06:06 AM
Shaun Fyffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobucsmagic74 View Post
Great read...thanks for the link! Still trying to determine which card was released first though, the portrait with facsimile auto promo card (white borders) that is part of the Jackie set or the die cut/rounded corner portrait that was part of the regular issued 48 card set? Has this been established? And if so, which came first?
The white border auto promo card was first distributed in June 1947 in NYC (and I believe outside of NYC, specifically Baltimore and DC - but I will confirm that in a few weeks once my schedule frees up and I have time to go through my last bit of research material).

While I am not sure an exact release date for either can be pinned down, Ted Z will likely be able to confirm whether or not the die-cut / rounded corners set of 44 was available prior to June 1947.

It should also be noted that, in addition to both the white facs. auto and the die cut set of 44 card, Jackie did have another card come out in 1947 - the Old Gold Kneeling in Dugout card. That card, however, was distributed in September, 1947.

Currently seeking Jackie Robinson cards