View Single Post
Old 10-12-2020, 01:12 AM
James M.

I say I collect a little bit of "everything." Everything being mostly cards from the 1960's and backwards. Mickey Mantle is one of my biggest draws, I'm just enamored by him. His career, the constant "what ifs", the fact he did so much on practically one knee. He's my main draw I would say. Have some Mays and Aaron too in my small collection. I recently find myself getting interested in Tobacco/Caramel Cards as well. Eddie Collins, Christy Mathewson, and Walter Johnson. I would love to own a Cobb or a Wagner one day, it's just not in the cards at the moment. A little too far out of my price range, when I feel like there's other collecting goals I need to accomplish first. I suppose If I stumble across a Cobb that I fall in love with, and can't pass up on the deal I would take it.

Lou Gehrig is another player that I've taken a lot of interest in lately. I've always appreciated the 33 and 34 goudey cards of his. I discovered his Kashin recently along with the 33 Delong as well. Pipe dreams at this point though, I can't afford them. At least ones in presentable condition.

Autographs is something else that I'm very interested in too. I worked on a Ron Lewis Living Legends set for a little bit, before getting a good deal on a complete one. I have a few doubles, but I'm a bit of a hoarder and don't want to get rid of them! I suppose I could display the doubles and then keep the main set stored away.

I love the history of our National Pastime. As a History Buff and a History Teacher, I really do enjoy reading about careers of random players that I discover, that I never saw play. Owning some of their cards makes me feel like I have a window into the era that they played in.

charlietheexterminator, todeen, tonyo, Santo10fan
Bocabirdman (5x), 8thEastVB, JCMTiger, Rjackson44
Republicaninmass, 73toppsmann, quinnsryche (2x),
Donscards.