View Single Post
Old 10-13-2020, 07:20 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default T206 REFERENCE....direct access to AMERICAN BEAUTY > > UZIT checklists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie73 View Post

I'm not really sure how many collectors are currently going after all 5250+ different cards. I think it's a small group of us. Over the last 5 years, there have been a large quantity of collectors that have taken the 520 card "Monster" set and decided to add more difficulty to the task. A basic 520 card set, regardless of the advertising back, is actually a fairly simple task if you have the money. Between eBay, Net54, and a few of the Facebook groups, it's just money that stands in the way of building a set very quickly. I believe many felt the same way and decided to add a difficulty twist to building the set. Such as a set with no Piedmont or Sweet Caporal backs. Others have focused on just one particular card back, and some have gone after the Hall of Famer's, while others stick with a certain team set with all the different possible backs. There's so many ways to collect the set. That's one of the reasons why it's so popular. But I really don't know how many are truly going after the 5250+ cards. I can only speak for myself as one of those people.

Hi Ron

I have a "semi-master" set of T206's (2600+ different cards). But, this is where I stop. Actually, this past weekend, my Grandson, Ron, drove down from Maine
and we filled up his truck with a couple of my T206 sets, GOUDEY's, PLAY BALL's, BOWMAN sets and TOPPS sets. Sooner or later, Ron was going to inherit them.

I have not stopped collecting T206's, just cutting down. A lot of cards in my long-term endeavor to attain a 5300 card master set are selling for ridiculous prices.
And, I absolutely refuse to pay these exorbitant prices that the auction houses are selling them for.

But, I will continue to put together T206 runs of my favorite T206 subjects.

TED Z

T206 Reference