View Single Post
Old 10-17-2020, 11:16 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

I respect the positions of all the 'never-PWCCers' here. This just is not a 100% 'nice' business. There are a lot of cons, crooks, grifters, corner-cutters, etc. Cash businesses and collectibles always attract those sorts. There are also many really great, honest as the day is long, folks and I try to steer everything I can their way.

I guess the bottom line is that everyone has their own line in the sand. I was at a show once and I heard a dealer I used to buy from all the time use a certain really ugly racial slur. Made my skin crawl. I walked away and never dealt with him again. Racism is my third rail; I won't deal with bigots. Too much family blood in the ground in Poland for that...

I am not simon-pure on the question of shoddy or crooked dealers. When Legendary liquidated the Dreier collection I went after and won several of the rare boxing lots even though I knew by then that the people running the AH were crooks (now-convicted felons Doug Allen and Mark Theotikos). I didn't care. As long as the cards were delivered and at the price I was willing to pay I was fine with it. Some of the cards remain centerpieces of my collection.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 10-17-2020 at 11:18 AM.