View Single Post
Old 10-18-2020, 11:26 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmopar View Post
I thought this would be a fun topic, as I recently unburied a bunch of business cards I had grabbed and kept. This discussion welcomes other regions and contributions, but I think anyone collecting cards in the PNW in the 90s/00s will probably recognize some or many of these businesses. I think nearly all are gone physically, but a few definitely remain in business, some even in physical form! I know a lot of people have complained that they don't have a good card shop close or it closed. Well, travel back to a time when shops were all over the place, at least in some areas.

A little history on this. i got out of the Navy in 1993 and while going to college, I developed a habit of spending my free time seeking out shops and shows to advance my recently revived collecting passion. Most of those shops were located on the Kitsap Peninsula, where I lived and went to school. When i graduated and got a job, i moved over to the Seattle side of the water and my job initially had me roaming the greater King/Snohomish counties and cold calling. This had me on the road a lot and I scheduled my trips and used my lunch time to check out any card shop i could find close by!

Enjoy and feel free to share some memories of any of the shops you personally knew or visited. Maybe some of these people are still in the business online? Maybe some are even members here?
That's cool, showing all of the biz cards. We need more card shops!

Every thread needs a card....