View Single Post
Old 07-13-2020, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael B View Post
Look at the light coming in in your photo. That is quite a bit. If this is an easterly or westerly facing window go in the room when the sun is hitting that side of the house and you will have your answer. If that is your only choice for where you display you may wish to consider black out curtains. Alternatively, you could hang dark curtains, on a 'U' shaped rod and use velcro to attach the edges to the wall. If you go with curtains I would use a single curtain, hang the rod very high on the wall so that the frill at the top touches the ceiling. The curtain should hang 8 -12 inches below the sill and extend 4-6 inches past the sides of the window. It is not perfect, but it is a solution. If you keep it closed when the sun is on that side of the house it will also keep out a lot of heat. My bedroom window faces the morning sun and has blinds. I did not want to hang curtains so I use an old dark blue duvet cover hanging with push pins. It keeps out a lot of light and heat. I have a hook so that I can pull it aside when I need light and it is cooler.
This is a southern facing window. So, it really never gets direct sunlight. But, I do live just about the 45th parallel so the sun is always on the northern part of the sky as it passes overhead.

Curtains would be an option for sure. Do you think it's the light from outside or inside? There is an overhead light but it uses LED bulbs. I can't imagine that plays much of a role.

I want to expand this collection so I need to protect it as best as I can.

Last edited by CamaroDMD; 07-13-2020 at 06:05 PM.