View Single Post
Old 11-19-2011, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandstand69 View Post
This is one of the first things I tried searching for seeing I was most familiar with Bullpen then my family. All we could locate was a handwritten note on Marino letterhead saying he can't make it to a meeting. In the note he apologizes and gave 7-10 lithographs (no sports figure auto) all being the #1 in a series. I'm not sure if it was before or after this event. My grandpa was in charge of the business, pops in an Engineer who was only involved when needed and then more so towards the end when gramps just got to old. Record keeping wasn't anyone's strong suite. I believe early 90s was a handshake and
Cash transaction for everyone, including the athlete. Anyway great ideas all the way around. I'm just going to get one or two out there and see if psa or jsa is willing to authenticate a Marino piece. That's been my biggist concern from start of this post.
The artist still sells his stuff on ebay. When some friends were looking into the family on a item that surfaced, when they were contacted (via website) they directed us to EBAY, where Angelo still sells his art (not signed). Even though he has a website, they will direct you to ebay, and when questioned about bullpen reply's were not answered...

35 items on ebay by him, and every week a "player signed" item shows up http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=....c0.m270.l1313

Last edited by Ringking; 11-19-2011 at 02:08 PM.