View Single Post
Old 09-20-2021, 04:17 PM
Travis
Tra,vis Tr,ail

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
Tweet, tweet

I signed up for Twitter, before I realized I would never use it. I have followed no one. I doubt that anyone is following me, nor should they.

I don't think I have missed much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
I only do anti-social media.
I definitely understand the sentiment and avoid social media as well for the most part. I never use Twitter or Facebook. But I definitely think there is a disconnect on these forums that correspond to the age gap between the user base here and that of the broader market as a whole. Box "breakers" on Instagram and YouTube is all the rage these days with the younger generations. I've bought and sold some relatively expensive cards recently just from random people I met on Instagram (some random guy just wired me $20k last week for a modern basketball card). It's a different world out there. Most of the growth of this hobby in recent years is from people in their teens, 20s, 30s, and 40s. They experience the hobby in remarkably different ways than most who are in their 50s and above. The consignment companies who recognize this and find creative ways to market to them are the ones who are going to benefit the most. You'd be amazed how many people under the age of 25 that have 6 and even 7 figure collections and who are out there bidding on $20k+ cards.