View Single Post
Old 11-10-2020, 10:59 AM
Anson

Update on this situation, since I think it's helpful to share yet another scam: I did finally get refunded the cost of the card since I used GSP. However, this has a greater potential for someone within the US.

The buyer received the card and waited nearly a month, claiming they "just opened the package to find it was damaged." Then, they filed a return with Ebay, removing the PayPal from your account until the issue is settled. The buyer then provided shipping information back to me, which all looked legit. I was anticipating receiving a different card back (lower grade) inserted into a tampered BGS holder. Instead, he sent the package to a different zip code within the same city I'm in. I never received the package, even though it was shown as delivered. This information was included with my dispute. My best guess is, he sent something (probably not even a card) to a bogus address to try and prove that the item was returned and received. Whoever received it realized it was nothing of substance and didn't do anything with it. If the guy had picked the same zip code, this scam might have had a chance. Assuming I didn't use the GSP or it was a domestic purchase, this could have gone sideways in a hurry. Sellers be aware!