Thread: Marvin Hagler
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2021, 01:18 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tao_Moko View Post
62-3-2 w/ 52 ko's. Hard to argue that. Definaty a GOAT.
i think Sugar Ray Robinson and Carlos Monzon might have something to say about the middleweight GOAT. From The Ring, which ranked both of them ahead of Hagler:

SUGAR RAY ROBINSON (1951, 1951-52, 1955-57, 1957, 1958-60)

The original “Sugar Man’s” five-way rivalry with Jake LaMotta, Gene Fullmer, Carmen Basilio and Bobo Olson rubberstamped an unmatched legacy at 160 pounds. What’s more astonishing is that the five-time middleweight champion peaked at welterweight. For many, the perfect fighter.

CARLOS MONZON (1970-77)

The legendary Argentine pressure-puncher is a popular choice for being the greatest middleweight of all time. He won the championship with a 12th-round stoppage of the superb Nino Benvenuti and made 14 successful defenses, nine of which came by knockout.

I also wonder about B-Hop; he excelled at messing up bulls like Hagler. Again, from The Ring, which ranked him #4 after Hagler:

BERNARD HOPKINS (2001-05)

“The Executioner” was 36 years old when he schooled Felix Trinidad to secure superstar status. Smart, freakishly dedicated and a golden era throwback, this old-school Philadelphia general posted an incredible 19 successful defenses of his IBF title (among others) – a division record.

And since we need some cards:

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 03-14-2021 at 01:20 PM.