Thread: Trout Ball
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2021, 08:57 AM
Jonathan Sterling

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgo71 View Post
Not offering an opinion as Trout's signature is too scribbly and simple for me to ever feel comfortable about weighing in either way, but Trout's signature has varied a lot from his rookie year to now. The top ball looks more like his current version, while the bottom is more like what his signature looked like in 2010 or 2011. A comparison of the two styles probably isn't the best way to determine authenticity.
The Ball was signed in 2016 I have a good number of other Trout examples on Flats,Hats and a Bat, as well as Cards. What I like least on the OP ball is the scribble that is supposed to be his uniform number. My examples run from pre rookie to privite signing done in December 2020.
As I previously stated I am not an autograph expert. And I definitely agree that Trout's signature is so simple that it makes it very difficult to buy an example without the right authentication. But the fact that it looks like whoever signed the op ball didn't know it was supposed to be a 27. No skin in this just trying to help.
J

Last edited by bigfanNY; 03-22-2021 at 09:05 AM.